Friday, September 10, 2010

Is it really friday again?

So it doesn't seem it should be Friday again already. I feel like we just got started and its the weekend again. I know we did do a lot this week. Somehow it just doesn't seem like it should be Friday though.


This week we had a geography project due, that involved baking and decorating a monster cookie, we are still eating. The cookie turned out well even though we forgot to label with toothpicks. We also made a paper copy and he did a "photo album" of places in North America.
We used candy corn as mountains and lots of icing. The deserts are yellow sugar on white icing.
Today, we also started his next science experiment. I had planned to start yesterday, however we were waiting for supplies to come in, so today they arrived and we got started. We should be good for the next few experiments, supplies wise anyway. The experiment we started today looks at what seeds need to grow, specifically water and light. My kitchen cabinet is again the dark room. Pictures for this new experiment will be posted when something starts happening.

Cody has completed 3 tests in Saxon so far and his test scores keep improving. I am happy to see the improvements and glad to know that he is learning the material. Social Studies and English are a bit more challenging, he seems to do better with these if the questions are read out to him. I think that he is missing things in the online format, and might do better with a book or something. I really like the idea of Apologia's Audio Cd's for their courses.

And sadly, this week, Shark passed away. He was a short lived guest in our house. If we could all take a moment of silence for Shark.

Thank you all for stopping by.

Get back to the Weekly Wrap-up, but please feel free to post first.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cake map!! Yummy and educational! :) My boys would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would love to make treats out of EVERY subject! Multiplying cupcakes, the science of making cookies - LOL! We are studying maps right now and I think the big cookie is a great idea!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete