Monday, September 27, 2010

Catching up and not killing my son.

I missed last week so basically here's how it went.

Cody and I had a bit of a disagreement. I am boss and school work comes before well everything else. He didn't think so on either case. He lost most of his privileges. He can still watch tv and check his facebook after school but that is it. NO more video games or surfing youtube or movies or family guy or anything else.

Now that he remembers that I am boss things are going smoother.

Last week we got through lesson 34 in math.
We didn't get any science experiments completed, we did record for the seed experiment but we still need to write it up.
We are looking at world culture in history.
We had a break on spelling but had extra grammer. He is reading Peak and seems to enjoy that the kid is relatable.
For art he attempted to creat certain shapes from the peices of a square and circle, he didn't really get it but it was interesting to see how hard it really was.
For music we researched Clint Mansell. He really likes his Requium for a Dream. Clint is still alive and his family history is not so available. We also like to youtube our composer of the week and listen to several peices and write how it makes him feel or how he feels about the piece.
In health/PE we are going over the human body and all its great systems and trying to include physical activity in our day.

I am not a super fan of the unit study as setup in SOS so I am considering switching to Sonlight for atleast history and language arts. I am hoping that the related reading assignments will help with his understanding of the topics.

Looking back I wish I had taken him from school years ago. I hope I can work through this trying time and get my baby back.

No comments:

Post a Comment